Case Study Category: ELoGE
- Implementation and Methodology
- Target groups
- Good Practices
- Awarded Municipalities
- Useful materials/further information
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
The implementation of ELoGE in Portugal was possible because of the good cooperation between the different actors: the Council of Europe’s Centre ofExpertise for Good Governance for
the supportive role it played in making this campaign possible in Portugal, ATAM (Associação dos Trabalhadores daAdministração Local) for using its network to promote the campaign and the very substantial logistical support it provided, and UDITE (European Federation of Local Authority Chief Executive Officers) which was accredited to promote, lead and coordinate this project.
As UDiTE had accreditation until the end of 2022, due to previous interest from Portuguese municipalities, it was decided to organise a second round. Interest was expressed by the following
municipal councils: Albergaria-a-Velha(district of Aveiro), Alenquer (district of Lisboa), Alijó (district of Vila Real), Paços de Ferreira (district of Porto), Lousã (district of Coimbra), Sines (district of Setúbal), Vila Poucade Aguiar (district of Vila Real)
The ELoGE programme in Portugal was implemented in four phases:
- Workshop activities - Delegations from the seven municipal councils attended the workshop in the council chamber of the municipality of Alenquer (district of Lisboa). The workshop aimed at familiarising the participants with the following 12 principles of good governance through a highly interactive event.
- Monitoring phase - In early November 2022, a questionnaire was sent to the municipalities that participated in the September workshop. The purpose of this questionnaire was to find out how far the municipal councils were in preparing their self-assessment, in order to be able to provide support if needed.
- Evaluation - In the period January 1st till February 8th, the evaluation of the applications took place. Immediatly after this period, an on-line discussion with each of the two municipalities was organised , in order to get some clarifications, to discuss the scores related to the evidences, to compare the outcomes of the questionnaires, to discuss the used methodology for the citizens survey, etc.
- Award Ceremony - The Award Ceremony is planned in the first semester of 2023 in Portugal.
ELoGE Portugal involved three target groups of each Municipality:
- Municipalities’ employees
- Members of local councils
ELoGE Portugal was promoted through the following activity or during a specific event:
- Operational workshop to prepare candidate to self-assessment ad to discuss about the 12 Principles.
- Vila Pouca de Aguiar