No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
The cooperation of the Municipalities of Rossosz, Wisznice, Jabłoń, Sosnówka, Podedwórze, in the Zielawa Valley, in the Eastern part of Poland (Lublin region), started in 2007 with the establishment of an association aimed at attracting EU funds in the field of territorial touristic promotion. The joint effort of the five Municipalities then moved to the field of renewable energy production, with the “Clean Energy in Dolina Zielawa” project (2010). It is composed by 5 Municipalities with 16.000 inhabitants. The IMC objectives are:
- Development of a local tourism strategy.
- Enhancement of the environmental sustainability:
o Construction of 925 solar sets converting solar energy into thermal energy (“Clean Energy in Zielawa Valley” project).
o Establishment of a photovoltaic farm in Bordziłówka.
o Establishment of a commercial company in charge of the energy provision for the area.
In 2016 the following results were already achieved:
- 20 sections of municipality-level roads built.
- 925 solar energy installations on private and public buildings.
- Creation of a common touristic brand for the zielawa valley.
- 16 jointly managed pre-school groups.
- Purchase of combat vehicles for firefighting in the area.
- Group-based purchase of electricity for the five municipalities.
- Photovoltaic farm managed by a commercial company established in the framework of the association.
The combination of tourism attraction and environmental sustainability efforts has been proved effective in boosting the Zielawa Valley territorial development. The area gained a significant recognition according to values like the care for natural environment and innovation. The five Municipalities were able to exploit new opportunities for the development of the area, starting from its local, endogenous resources. The IMC is involved in the production a strong, clear and coordinated territorial brand, renewable energy provision, local infrastructures and education services.