No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
The Union of Municipalities of the Desnà Valley is composed by 9 Municipalities with 13.000 inhabitants. In 1997 a violent flood hit the Desná Valley, in the Moravia region at the border with Poland, with great human and economic losses. The affected Municipalities decided to join their efforts in the post-disaster reconstruction.
The IMC objectives are:
- Improvement of the railway infrastructure in the area.
- Enhancement of tourism and entrepreneurship.
- Development of social infrastructure and social housing.
In 2013 the following results were already achieved:
- The acquisition of the railway line through a dedicated company (ŽD) and its full reactivation in 1999.
- The upgrade of the railway transportation system, with new stations, the line electrification and safer street-railway crossings.
- The implementation of a shared school ("Basic school and kindergarten Údolí Desné") by merging previous facilities in order to increase the quality of education paths while achieving economic savings, also allowing for cooperation instead of competition among different school institutions.
- Support in the activities of the Restoration of the Cultural Heritage of the Desná valley association.
Web Page Mikroregion Svazek obcí údolí Desn: https://www.udoli-desne.cz/
The IMC played a pivotal role in the economic recovery of the area after the flood. More particularly, the reactivation of the railway boosted the territorial development by promoting tourism. The establishment of common school facilities increased the sense of belonging, as well as solidarity links in the Desná valley community. The IMC is involved in the production of railway mobility service, education services and heritage and environmental services.