Case Study Category: ELoGE
- Implementation and Methodology
- Target groups
- Good Practices
- Awarded Municipalities
- Useful materials/further information
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
The Project “European Label of Governance Excellence (ELoGE) in Croatia” is a 2-year project that started in April 2021, when ALDA was awarded the accreditation to implement the programme in Croatia. The project was implemented in 2 phases, from the 1st of April 2021 until the 30th of November 2021 and from the 15th of February to the 30th of November 2022.
The project aims to contribute to the activation of different Local Authorities from Croatia for the ELoGE accreditation from the Council of Europe, increasing the number of Municipalities awarded with the Label as a guarantee of good governance for all citizens in Croatia.
The ELoGE programme in Croatia was implemented in four phases:
1. Preparation - First step in order to better follow the project activities was to map all the activities and to create an action plan. Regular meetings were held for better coordination, and a communication channel for regular updates was established.
2. Adaptation - One of the biggest challenges was adapting the materials for the ELoGE programme to consider the local contexts, more specifically, translating them into Croatian. The first document that was tackled was the Benchmark, which was translated with the support of the local expert. The content and indicators were discussed with experts in order to ensure they correspond to local context.
3. Launching Ceremony - The project “European Label of Governance Excellence (ELoGE)” for Croatia was launched on the 22nd of November 2021 in Zagreb. The project was promoted in a hybrid-type of event, giving representatives of municipalities and participants the possibility to join both online and in person.
4. Implementation - The self-assessment process for the Croatian municipalities started on the 12th of April 2022. The 3 separate surveys were prepared , 1 for citizens, 1 for employees of the municipalities, and 1 for councilors. The Surveys were created in Google forms in Croatian, and QR codes were made to ease the distribution.
ELoGE Croatia involved three target groups of each Municipality:
- Municipalities’ employees
- Members of local councils
The implementation of the activities was done by ALDA in cooperation with the ALDA Skopje staff and the external expertise of the Consultancy Company from Croatia RAVECON, represented by Robert Ravenšćak. A training session for trainers was organized in March and May of 2022, where throughout 3 sessions, the local experts were trained in implementation of the ELoGE programme.